Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Favorite Word

Oh boy... Today I have the perfect subject. Are you ready for this? Ready? READY? Awkwardness.
Yes. That is my topic. It's one of my favorite words! To me, (an extremely awkward guy) the word "awkward" means a bunch of different things that vary in every situation. It can mean uncomfortable, embarrassing, weird, silence, or my personal favorite, when someone gets totally owned... (best read in a high-pitched voice) Awkward!

You've probably been in an awkward moment before. I imagine that everyone has. Soooo assuming that you (the reader) have experienced awkwardness before and understand what it's like, I want to share some of my favorite awkward moments with you...

The babysitter... and her husband
Ummmmmm.... Let's go with a really awkward one... Sooooo when I was a baby, like most of us were, I had a babysitter... And it's really super awkward when you're older and some random girl comes up to you and says "I use to babysit you when you were a baby! Oh yeah, and I changed your diapers too!" *awkward!* "It's ok. All guys look the same without any pants on!" *double awkward!*


Here's another awkward moment.. When you're sitting at a table at ihop with Andy Chrisman (my role model) and his daughter, and he says, "Here's a seat. Just scoot on in here. Real close. Closer. Cloooossser..." And the sticks his arm around you and says, "That's better. Are you comfortable?" I reply "suuuure..." and he comes back with, "Good. You better get used to it! We're a close family..." *awkward!*

Or when you're talking to someone and they keep staring at your pants, which are screaming, "Hey! I'm unzipped!"

(best read in a high voice) Awkward!

What's your awkward moment?

3 comments:

  1. That awkward moment when you're reading some random fanfiction and someone is looking over your shoulder reading it with you and they tell you to scroll down.
    That awkward moment when you're singing randomly and you think no one is there, but then comes your friends dad and says that you're a "great and talented" singer. ...Yeah..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or singing in the shower....at someone else's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you share birthing stories with your class.

    ReplyDelete