Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cheetahs run fast to escape the truth

Our lives are the stage, our hearts wrote this script
I told you farewell with a hug, not a kiss


Tears came to your eyes as you whispered "Goodbye,"
"I promise to wait!" and I said "So do I."


Tears and regrets are the things I regret
I can't believe you let all those dreams leave your head


You had all my trust without having to try
But all it took to lose it was five little lies


You call him your best friend, you said you loved me
And there's this thing that society calls "cheating"



It's like a bad romance, but this one's not free
I gave you my heart and you took every piece


You left my side but never left my sight
And that was the shortest forever of my life 

2 comments:

  1. First of all, beautiful poetry. Sounds like life experience?
    Second: I'm pretty sure cheetas run for their lives. Just say'in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time there used to be a kid named zeb in our class. Then he mysteriously disappeared. He was a cool bean so it was rather saddenning to see him leave in such fashion. I hope he isn't deathly i'll. However, if he is just skipping all these days then kudos to you zebi. Kudos to you. stick it to the man.

    ReplyDelete